Monday, February 3, 2014

Steps



I've developed a new tactic to clear the clutter: I move stuff from my condo to my minivan, lol.

Seriously, it's working for me.

Here's how:

Step 1: Bag slated for Goodwill goes into the van. Bag for tailor goes into the van. Bag with choice children's hand-me-downs for my babysitter's daughter goes into van. Library books, van. Box for post office run, van.

Step 2: When I make a stop at babysitter's house, I remember that bag of hand-me-downs. Suddenly, I have one less bag in the car!

Step 3: When I drive by Goodwill, I remember that bag of donations and make a quick detour to drop it off (via the drive-through lane -- I don't go in the store!!).

Step 4: Stop by tailor's on my way to work this morning. Discover the items I thought she could mend/fix, she can't. Sad, yes. But now I can -- finally! -- move on from that dream of fixing this beloved dress (see photo above).

And so on.

As the Flylady might say: "Progress, not perfection."

No comments:

Post a Comment